Welcome to Coal Mountain Baseball. Our goal is to provide a healthy, safe and challenging experience for all of the children participating in programs at our community park. Thank you for participating.
All evaluations will be held of February the 4th at Coal Mountain Park. Specific times and locations for each age group will be distrusted via email following the close of registration.
Evaluations for Coal Mountain Rec Baseball on February 4th
- 5 Yr old- No Evaluations
- 6 Yr old- Field 6 at 3:30pm
- 7 Yr old- Field 7 at 3:30pm
- 8 Yr old- Field 8 at 1:30pm
- 9/10 Yr old- Field 5 at 1:30pm
- 11/12 Yr old- Field 6 at 1:30pm
- 13/14 Yr old- Field 8 at 3:30pm
Please make sure you child is dressed in appropriate baseball attire (Basebal Pants, Shirt, and Cleats) also be sure to bring your Baseball gear (Bat, Helmet and Glove).
Coaches Important Information / Dates:
- January 29th – Coaches Meeting @ 5:00 to 6:00 pm at the Central Park Recreation Center (meeting room behind the front desk area)
- February 4th – Evaluations at Coal Mountain Park (Specific times and field assignments to be disturbed by email following registration)
- February 10th – Participant Draft at Coal Mountain Community Building (Specific times for each age group will be distributed during evaluations)
- February 20th – Practice Begins
- February 26th – Mandatory Coaches Clinic @ 1:00 – 3:00 pm at North Forsyth High School
- March 14th – Softball Coaches Meeting @ 7:00 pm Central Park Banquet Room
- March 15th – Baseball Coaches Meetings (9 yr – 18 yr @ 6:30 pm), (5 yr – 8 yr @ 7:15 pm) both meetings will be held at the Central Park Banquet Room
- March 20th – Games Begin
- May 19-25th – Postseason Tournament
Welcome to Coal Mountain Baseball. Our goal is to provide a healthy, safe and challenging experience for all of the children participating in programs at our community park. Thank your for participating.
Eligibility Participation is open to any registered child in his/her appropriate age group whose birthday is prior to May 1st. Every child who registers will be placed on a team.
Registration Fees cover costs associated with recreation league play. Tournament or All-Star play is at your expense.
Birth Certificates Birth certificates are required for all first time registrants. Copies will be retained on file at the Forsyth County Parks and Recreation Department.
Coaching Anyone interested in coaching a team (including returning coaches) must sign the Coach’s Application, Background Check Form and leave a copy of their driver’s license at registration.
Season Dates Practice will begin February 20th. Games begin March 20th and conclude with a tournament beginning May 19th.
Equipment. All players are required to bring their own cleats, glove, helmet and bat.
Evaluations. In an effort to provide equal competition across teams, we evaluate players as indicated below. If a child is unavailable for evaluations, he is placed on a team as needed during the draft o/a February 11th. Coaches will begin contacting players after that time with specific team
Inclement Weather In the case of inclement weather, tryouts may be rescheduled for February 6th. Inclement weather notices will be posted on the website and at the park entrance.
Baseball Officers The following is a list of the 2017 Coal Mountain Athletic Association Board:
|Daniel Hamby||Presidentemail@example.com||(770) 676-2458|
|Chuck Cianciolo||Commissionerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(770) 356-8440|
|Matt Payne||Softball Commissioneremail@example.com||(770) 757-6977|
|Nathan Hester||Age Group Director Softballfirstname.lastname@example.org||(770) 597-2707|
|Matt Schelter||Director (ages 5 – 7)||email@example.com||(404) 392-8855|
|Brian Roberts||Director (Ages 8 – 10)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(770) 597-5779|
|Scott McEver||Director (Ages 11-12)||email@example.com||(678) 431-8078|
|Tommy Francis||Director (Ages 13-up)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(770) 654-2827|
|Chad Ackerman||Treasureremail@example.com||(470) 888-0926|