Welcome to Coal Mountain Baseball. Our goal is to provide a healthy, safe and challenging experience for all of the children participating in programs at our community park. Thank you for participating.
2018 Baseball Evaluations:
All evaluations will be held January 27th – February 3rd at Coal Mountain Park. Specific times and locations for each age group will be distrusted via email following the close of registration.
Evaluations for Coal Mountain Rec Baseball on January 27th – February 3rd
January 27th Details
- 6U Last name starts with A-M 2:00 pm field 5
- 6U Last name starts with N-Z 3:30 pm field 5
- 11/12 2:00 pm field 7
February 3rd Details
- 7 & 8 Majors evaluation 10am field 5
- 7 & 8 Minors evaluation last name starts with A-L 12:30 pm field 5
- 7 & 8 Minors evaluation last name starts with M-Z 2:00 pm field 5
- 9 & 10 evaluation at 2:00 PM field 7
Please make sure you child is dressed in appropriate baseball attire (Basebal Pants, Shirt, and Cleats) also be sure to bring your Baseball gear (Bat, Helmet and Glove).
Coaches Important Information / Dates:
- January 27th-February 10th – Evaluations
- January 24th – Coal Mountain Coaches Meeting @ 6:00 pm at the City Park and Rec (437 Pilgrim Mill Road)
- February 19th – Practices Begin
- March 9th-11th – Slugfest weekend NO PRACTICES
- March 14th – County Coaches Meeting 9 and up 6:00 pm Central Park Rec Center, 5-8 years old 7:15 pm
- March 17th – Games Begin
- March 31st – April 8th – Spring Break NO GAMES
- May 19-25th – Postseason Tournament
$165 for the first child $150 for every child after the first
Welcome to Coal Mountain Baseball. Our goal is to provide a healthy, safe and challenging experience for all of the children participating in programs at our community park. Thank your for participating.
Eligibility Participation is open to any registered child in his/her appropriate age group whose birthday is prior to May 1st. Every child who registers will be placed on a team.
Registration Fees cover costs associated with recreation league play. Tournament or All-Star play is at your expense.
Birth Certificates Birth certificates are required for all first time registrants. Copies will be retained on file at the Forsyth County Parks and Recreation Department.
Coaching Anyone interested in coaching a team (including returning coaches) must sign the Coach’s Application, Background Check Form and leave a copy of their driver’s license at registration.
Season Dates Practice will begin February 20th. Games begin March 20th and conclude with a tournament beginning May 19th.
Equipment. All players are required to bring their own cleats, glove, helmet and bat.
Evaluations. In an effort to provide equal competition across teams, we evaluate players as indicated below. If a child is unavailable for evaluations, he is placed on a team as needed during the draft o/a February 11th. Coaches will begin contacting players after that time with specific team
Inclement Weather In the case of inclement weather, tryouts may be rescheduled for February 6th. Inclement weather notices will be posted on the website and at the park entrance.
Baseball Officers The following is a list of the 2017 Coal Mountain Athletic Association Board:
|Chuck Cianciolo||Presidentemail@example.com||(770) 356-8440|
|Matt Schelter||Baseball Commissioner/Director (ages 5 – 8)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(404) 392-8755|
|Marty Hughes||Director (Ages 9 – 12)||mhughes4L@yahoo.com||(404) 218-7698|
|Daniel Hamby||Travel Ball Directoremail@example.com||(770) 676-2458|